First thing! Ask me if the language isn't already translated.
Just to make sure that your work will not be wasted.
• Visual Studio 2015
or any text editor
• The latest StringResources.en.xaml
file. (See below, how to get it).
• The language's name code, like pt-BR
Getting the String Resource File:
a) Open the version greater than version 2 > Options > Language > Get the resource file.
b) Open this link:
• You just need to replace the value with the new text:
Example (to Spanish):
• For Vertical Buttons
, like the ones from the Ribbon tab control, the text may be too big to fit in one line, so you can add a
to break the line:
This options only works with the Vertical Buttons.
• Don't forget to rename your String Resource file with the language code, for example:
• You can test your translations by using the importer, go to Options > Language > Import and import your custom xaml file. The file that is located at the last position of the resource list will be used as the main source for the strings. There is a
fallback mechanism, if one resource is not found within the last file, it will search inside the previous.
What to do next?
• Feel free to email me at email@example.com
• You can send the resource file as an attachment.